Group Weightlifting Instructor
Train on Main was established in 2009 and was originally created to promote fitness in the surrounding neighbourhood. Throughout the years, this 2000 square foot boutique-style facility has evolved into more specialized instruction with a strong focus on muscle hypertrophy and body fat reduction.
Train on Main offers heavy resistance-based classes, personal training, and fitness challenges. We focus on progressive overload using (primarily) dumbbell and barbell training. We are a small team and we have focused on building a strong tight-knit community.
This is a part-time position, and the right candidate must be available to work a minimum of 3 days per week.
This position starts in July – Apply immediately we are actively interviewing!
What we offer:
- $25-35 per hour
- Paid training and development
- Opportunity for a personal training position
- Free access to 24-hour gym
- Flexible hours
What we need:
We are looking for a self-motivated, outgoing, energetic team player who will push, inspire, train and educate our clients. We are seeking someone who shares a passion for both teaching and heavy resistance-based training (barbell and dumbbell).
When you’d work:
- Flexible hours within the morning and evening time frames
- Morning shift: Classes taught from 4:45AM-10:45AM (Monday-Friday)
- Evening shift: Classes taught from 5:15PM-7:30PM (Monday-Friday)
- Must be available a minimum of 3 days per week
What you’d do:
- Teach resistance-based and HIIT style classes to our members (class size approx. 10)
- Lead and demonstrate resistance-based movements
- Articulate specialized fitness programming
- Inform members and prospective members about our specialized fitness programs
- Assist in community development and upcoming events/programs
- Open and/or close duties to help preserve the presentation and longevity of the studio
Traits you’d possess:
- Friendly, responsible and self-motivated
- Passion for heavy resistance-based exercise
Experience you’d have:
- Executing free-weight movements (barbell and dumbbell)
- Teaching group classes and/or personal training
- Morning or evening availability during the week
- Flexible hours
- Minimum 2 years experience teaching group classes and private training.
- Current CPR/ AED Certified
- Other strength certifications a plus
How to apply:
Please fill out the form below and upload your resume
Train on Main is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We look forward to hearing from you!